Android 10 Launched with Focus on Hearing Loss Accessibility

Here’s @dave_copithorne’s reflections on today’s big Android 10 launch!

2 Likes

I would call the claims that ASHA will work with Oticon OPN aids dubious at best.The user who made those claims and who is quoted in the article disappeared abruptly from that thread without substantiating his claims. Others tried and couldn’t make it work. I hope I’m wrong.

My Audi said that Oticon would be making hearing aids that will work with android, but didn’t know if it would be a totally new aids or maybe firmware updates to the latest aids.

Good call… I updated the article to ensure we referred to this clearly as a claim… I’m not sure how Opn’s would work with ASHA, and it seems this is what he was claiming. I assume there would need to be some kind of firmware upgrade needed on the Oticon side to enable something like that…

I finally had a chance to read through the whole thread started by @jtoxx, and came to the same conclusion as you @d_Wooluf … I completely removed the quote / claim from the original article and left a note that the article had changed. Thanks so much for bringing this to my attention. I was rushing to proof the article today and should have scrutinized that claim much harder than I did.