What is that about?. How to fix it?

0 Likes

Sounds like you aren’t getting the venting your ears need

0 Likes

Ok, how do I accomplish that?

0 Likes

Full of fluid I guess. My hearing is negatively impacted

0 Likes

I wonder if it could be the same feeling I get if I remove my Marvels during the day. The “clogged” feeling I get I contribute to suddenly not having a full spectrum of hearing because all my high frequency hearing is instantly gone. The feeling I have is that my hearing has gone “dead” and feels very uncomfortable. I suppose I could easily call it a “clogged” feeling.

5 Likes

That’s a question for an ENT. There could be lots of reasons including fluid or damaged ear drums.

2 Likes

+1
I agree, I feel the same way

0 Likes

Gary: Good answer. My thoughts too.

0 Likes

When I take my aids out at night, I can’t hear much at all. Seems blocked up. When I wake up next morning I can hear a lot better than I could when I took the aids out the night before. When I mentioned this to the audi she didn’t believe it.

0 Likes

I think this may be beyond the scope of an Audi. I have allergies so I think that has some impact on my eustachian tubes getting blocked when the HA’s are in and then get removed. I also wear the swimming earplugs and the same thing happens when they come out, my hearing is 50% less than normal for awhile

1 Like

I think that’s entirely normal. With the amplification from the aids, the natural hearing adjustments no longer need to crank up the sensitivity so relax a bit. Take the aids out and the natural mechanism needs (tries, at best partially) to again turn up sensitivity, but it takes a bit of time in a hearing challenged ear. After a while, the next morning, your natural hearing sensitivity has again cranked up so seem to have “recovered”. It’s the same the other way round, many hearing aid users notice that their aids are too loud when they first put them in, it takes a few minutes to reach equilibrium.

2 Likes