Advanced Bionics CI Activation a Success

Thanks - I’ll look that up and add a note to my notes

I had my one month post activation CI mapping appt today and had excellent results. I started from a higher place because I decided to get the CI sooner than later because I was missing a lot in real life. AuD said some patients hear a slight delay between HA and CI ears, and the PPS is already set to the max so no adjustment option available. My brain will adjust. Adding some CI volume has helped with the issue. Added several programs to try out. I was offered to skip my 3 month and come back at 6 unless I needed volume or a specific change. Of course real life hearing offers more challenge than the booth.

Mapping: percentages listed below show results before with aids, and one month after activation with CI left ear and new HA right.

Words both ears aided: 76 - 92%

Words left ear only: 40 - 72%

Sentences in quiet both ears aided: 98 - 98%

Sentences Cl only: 55 - 89%

Sentences in noise both: 61 - 94%

Sentences noise Cl ear only: 37 - 88%

1 Like

that is impressive! enjoy it! You actually don’t need max PPS. mine is 720 PPS with 10 maxima. which is definitely not maxed out. Total PPS is 7,200, i Cochlear can do 32,000 Total PPS but it drains the battery faster but more isn’t better because it is based on your neural firing pattern…

4 month post activation update: my hearing booth testing for my CI ear is in the normal range across frequencies. Scored 95% in booth testing for my CI ear for both words and sentences. I had a good bit of what I would describe as “reverb” in my head from both my own voice and while streaming or on the phone. Reducing my higher frequency electrode volumes just a tad seems to have helped with that, making listening more comfortable. I am thrilled with this early success, for sure and will keep up with rehab to fine tune.

4 Likes