Activevent receiver failure

How would one know which they had! Asking the seller would be a waste of time.

As you can self program, look at the software?

That’ll be the easiest!

Thanks for sharing the info. I was under the impression that Phonak Pro login credentials were required. This is obviously not the case; I just tested it and the remote session - works like a charm! :muscle:

I just did an additional test on another machine:

Once the HAs have had an initial (“physical”) connection via NOAHlink with a PC, target will activate the previously inactive remote session feature button.

The remote session feature can be quite useful for some “on the go” adjustments using a notebook etc. :+1:

1 Like

Are you using a NOAHlink or a Noahlink Wireless? They are two different things?

Is that you can have an adjustment on the go with your audiologist? Or be able to do a remote session on the go, as I think you’ll need to laptop/notebook and software still, if you do it yourself?

Due to still needing my laptop, I just connect with my Noahlink Wireless. That way I don’t need to worry about internet connection.

Correct me if I’m wrong.

@zebras, yes it’s meant for DIY purposes and it’s Noahlink Wireless.

I also see the challenge as far as internet access is concerned.

Then again the remote support option makes mobile life even more mobile. :wink:

But does it for DIY as how else can you access the software unless you can access the whole of Target software via the App? You still need a computer/laptop etc.

I think it very unlikely you have activevent receivers. Things to ask yourself:

• The tips used aren’t domes, they are slimtips. There are rubbery “universal” slimtips, and custom titanium slimtips made from impressions.
  • There is a clicking noise when the tip changes mode. Some people DO NOT LIKE that click/pop noise.
  • When you are in closed mode, you are significantly isolated from ambient sound, except for speech in loud noise where the focus of the mics is what you hear. (And it hopes to isolate you from other noise in the area.) If you have a tendency to zone out listening to media sent via streaming, through a tv connector or roger, then the ability to zone out gets that much more. If I’m listening to music I change the mix on the mics right out. SHMBO doesn’t like that sometimes.
  • The receiver takes HF3 wax traps instead of cerushield traps. You need a tool that comes with the disk to remove and insert the traps. (With cerushield you just have the hard to turn disk and the 50/50 chance the trap gets jammed in there when you put it in the hole to remove it. Well, maybe 50/50 is an exaggeration, but I had it happen a couple times in about 8 months.)
  • Activevent is not recommended for tinnitus sufferers. The tinnitus masking program is disabled when activevents are configured in.
  • Activevents are not recommended for those who have excess earwax.

Changing wax traps

Activevent candidacy checklist

Interestingly, I see they are inconsistent, sometimes they make it two words, and sometimes activevent is one word.

Hope this helps.

WH

5 Likes

@WhiteHat the info you provided confirms I do not have activent receivers. :+1::+1: