Accurate Hearing Test?

for my last hearing test the words read by the audiologist were posted on the wall and read in order. How could I miss?

As I recall I was not shown the words the first time I tested 8 years ago.

Is the an accurate evaluation of my hearing? I still have difficulty hearing, especially with people wearing masks and women & children voices.

Any feedback appreciated?

Also, Any experience with Beltone?

ellendno@gmail.com

I guess it depends if you used the wall chart as a crutch. Sorry I don’t have any experience with Beltone?

My audiologist uses prerecorded list of words, from male and female speakers, and most of the time will also use prerecorded list spoken by someone that English isn’t their native language. It has really helped to fine tune my aids

1 Like

If you could read the words how can it possibly be accurate. I mean when I can read what’s being said I have a 100 percent speach comprehension. It’s called closed caption. Maybe the audiologust forgot to cover the words. Why didn’t you say something

2 Likes

Beltone aids are essentially the same as GN ReSound aids. Both companies are owned by GN Store Nord.

1 Like

Maybe it was an eyesight check too. ;^)

The audiologist specifically pointed out the list to me. I guess I should have questioned the point.