Academic Research Survey

Hello everyone,

My name is Tom Lyden and I am a student at the University of Minnesota. Currently, I am conducting academic research about the hearing aid industry. My team and I would love to hear from all of you about your experiences with hearing aid products and brands. The survey should take no longer than ten minutes and is completely anonymous. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Survey Link: https://umn.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_57rkUSK1VzrItYV

Tom, I started the survey and then gave up. I don’t rank the main brands from best to worst. I think an audiologist can make most of the name brands work for a patient. And your question about ranking what I look for most in hearing aids doesn’t even include what means the most to me: understanding speech. So, with that I quit.

1 Like

All hearing aids are just as good as the others for someone. We are all different, we all have different needs, and we all have different likes and dislikes.
My biggest issue is speech understanding, and that is what is important, and it is what makes me look at what extras I can use.

That survey misses the point for my experience, learning and needs. When I got here I bailed out, none of those is relevant to me.

Please rank the following in order of importance when purchasing a hearing aid, with 1 being most important and 11 being least important.

1 Like