A Rock and a Hard Place!

Hi folks, in this post I am going to do a wee bit of praise for an Audi, I know its not like me, but all is not doom and gloom in the hearing industy, so praise where it is due:D

Today, I went to visit a local Audiologist/Dispenser, he was IMHO a very upfront and honest chap, we talked for over 2 hours and at the end of our convo, I felt there was indeed virtue and honesty as many people do strive for high ideals within the hearing industry, this chap was indeed that and much more! There was no sales pitch, just honest talk about different HA’s and prices, NHS etc’, how he liked working with resound products, that sort of thing. Anyway, he was very knowledgeable and the upshot was, I get a 1 month free trial with whichever HA’s I want trial, he reconed he could get the Alera 9’s to work for me with a larger high power dome, I have my doubts but he is the expert, so I said we’d give a go as I have nothing to lose, there was no obligation and no money upfront, just a trial! Failing that we could trial the Siemans 701 Nitro SP again it would be the same deal and if I want to buy either, then the discount he offered was amazing! You have taught me well on here, so thank you all!

Cheers, Kev:D

Amplifon was it? I hope you didn’t go for the magic beans on the counter as well.

Have a look at the struggle he has fitting the dome over that power receiver :wink: . IMHO , it’s going to take at least a proper mould on a power receiver to touch your worst ear.
If you’ve got a large canal volume you’re straight into high-power BTE, without any further thought. Anything else seems pretty pointless.

Aye Um bongo, twas! Yeah he reckoned my canals were large enough, hardly a surprise if you saw the size of my lugs lol:D

Anyhow, the way I see it, I have nothing to lose!

Cheers, Kev:D

Large enough may mean too large in terms of sound output, but there you go.

Best of luck with the fitting.

it really pains me to know that discrimination is still an issue today…